- Job Location: Lebanon
- Job Category: Other
- Employment Type: Employee
- Job Duration: Full Time
- Department: Commercial Procurement
- Job Status: Full Timer
- Working Hours: Monday till Friday from 9:00 am till 6:00 pm
- Location: Head Office – Zalka
SCOPE OF THE JOB
The Buyer is responsible for performing various activities related to purchasing products in accordance with established purchase policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with designated departments regarding needed products, evaluate bid specifications and review requirements in order to ensure compliance with operations.
- Purchase products for the operations in accordance with established guidelines, process requisitions and award Purchase Orders to preferred suppliers based on best practices.
- Identify potential vendors based on set requirements.
- Review price quotes and availability of products and monitor compliance to specifications and or qualifications.
- Benchmark products prices in the market and negotiate with suppliers accordingly.
- Coordinate with vendors in order to ensure prompt delivery and adherence to specifications and resolve occurring problems before escalating to the hierarchy.
- Coordinate with the Head of Brands in order to maintain appropriate stock level.
- Analyze consumer buying pattern & predict future trends.
- Review performance indicators periodically (Sales, Discount level etc…) in order to reach an acceptable stock level & maximize profitability.
- Maintain good relationships with existing suppliers and work on sourcing plan for new brands/products.
- Monitor the products performance based on reports analysis (Inventory, Stock, best seller reports, Sell through, Sales per SQM, Gross Marginal etc…).
- Visit stores in order to ensure that brand standards are followed and that merchandising visuals are done according to guidelines.
- Perform other duties that are aligned & related to the job scope.
- Education: Bachelor Degree in Business Administration.
- Experience: At least 2 years of experience in the field.
- Linguistic Skills: Advanced in written & spoken English & Arabic, French is a plus.
- Computer Skills: Extensive knowledge in Ms. Office.