- Job Location: Lebanon
- Job Category: Accounting / Finance
- Employment Type: Employee
- Job Duration: Full Time
- Monthly Salary in USD: Negotiable
Role: Planning, Implementing, Managing and controlling the accounting/finance activities
Reports to: The CEO
SUPERVISES: The Accounting Department
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring adherence to accounting international standards/guidelines and legal compliances.
- Maintaining, Controlling general and subsidiary Ledgers, Journal Entries, Accounts Receivable/Payable, Revenue Distribution, Depreciation, Cost, Assets, Liabilities, Operating Expenses, Payroll, NSSF, VAT, corporate/personal Taxation, etc...
- Accurately Verifying, Tracking, Allocating, Posting and Reconciling all Banks activities, Vendor statements and Customer payments.
- Preparing payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Reconciling data and reports, Resolving discrepancies and Collaborating across various Finance and non-Finance functions effectively.
- Producing error-free accounting reports for management.
- Support cyclical / periodic business processes including Reconciliations, Budgeting, Budgetary control, Forecasting, Variance / Margins / Cost analysis, Financial statements (balance sheet, profit/loss statement, cash flows projections) and month -end close reports, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Directing internal audits and Detecting, Addressing potential compliance issues proactively.
- Developing and Documenting accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Coordinating both periodic and annual audits with Company external auditors.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s degree in business administration – MBA in Finance or Accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant – CPA or IFRS knowledge-Diploma, or Certified Management Accountant- CMA is a MUST.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and IFRS standards.
- Proven progressive work experience 7+ years as an accounting/finance officer.
- At least 3+ years as Senior / chief accountant position with strong experience in auditing, preparation and reviewing of month-end close reports, accounts reconciliations and statutory reporting.
- Previous experience in Jewelry industry.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills and experience directly interacting with senior leaders.
- Profound a working knowledge in ERP Programs, advanced skills in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to work under pressure, with tight deadlines in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data.