- Job Location: Lebanon
- Posted On: 2022-05-24
- Expires On: 2022-09-21 Expired
- Job Location: Lebanon
- Job Category: Accounting / Finance
- Employment Type: Employee
- Job Duration: Full Time
Carry out accounting entries and paperwork tasks related to A/R, A/P, Assets and GL transactions efficiently.
Prepares month-end general ledger close journal entries and supporting reconciliations.
The accountant is responsible for the day-to-day activities and various responsibilities within monthly accounting close, reconciliations assist in analysis, and financial reporting activities. Review trial balance and compare to reports, ensure implementing applicable accounting policies and procedures.
· Receive and verify invoices and acquisition for goods and services, invoices include (local and international suppliers), examples, insurance, products, service providers and others.
· Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures and contract terms.
· Prepare batches for invoices for data entry and enter invoices for payment (RGRs and match invoices) verify the accuracy of distribution.
· Monitor accounts payable and ensure payments are up to date, process payment transfer request or check payment request.
· Data entry for all payments done to the vendors (checks and transfers)
· Resolve invoice discrepancies, reconcile vendor’s balances at least each month end.
· Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries, acts as a liaison between related departments and vendors.
· Ensure full accruals during month end and year end closing.
· Always monitor and match the balances between the purchases module and the GL posting accounts. Also match between the inventory module and the GL inventory posting accounts.
· Maintain accounts payable files.
· Ensure up to date posting of invoices; follow up with opened invoices on a daily basis.
· Monitor accounts receivable and ensure balances are always up to date.
· Resolve accounts’ discrepancies, reconcile customers’ balances.
· Correspond with customers and respond to inquiries, acts as a liaison between related departments and customers.
· Always monitor and match balances between the sales module and the GL posting accounts.
· Review aging file.
· Make sure that accountant provide management status of dues on & respective collections on Monthly basis.
· Prepare monthly customers specific provision if any.
· Review Monthly bank reconciliation to ensure all entries is updated.
· Approve daily equipment sales invoices
· Ensure up to date posting of office expenses and other GL transactions.
· Prepare monthly journal entries, accruals and GL account reconciliations including banks, prepaid and accrued expenses, etc.
· Assist in preparation of intercompany transactions and consolidation entries.
· Respond to inquiries, acts as a liaison between related departments.
· Perform duties with attention to details and accuracy. Maintain problem-solving skills.
· Cooperate with auditors of the company till receive stamped financial.
· Manage stock adjustments and stock transfer
· Review control accounts
· Guide and answer any questions from External customers about VAT and other type of Tax if needed
· Consult with our Tax consultant for any inquiry and get updating of any type of tax on time to reflect in our books
· Manage online system and submit Tax return for company and make sure the payment done on time
· Maintain Tax filling and make sure it is filling properly
· Advise management on time for any new rules about Tax type (VAT ,…etc )
· Follow up the due accounts receivable and other debit accounts, report on collections if required.
· Assist credit control when required.
· Assist in Annual stocktaking
· Assist in Guide and help new accountants if needed
· Assist Renewal Insurance policies
· Handle cash.
· Support in admin and government work if required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Accounting or any equivalent degree
· Minimum 5-8 years of accounting experience in distribution or trading company
· Previous experience in Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and General Ledger entries
· Knowledge in responding to auditors and getting company’s financials stamped
· Knowledge in all local taxes / social security related to the entity and the employees
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
· Experience in ERP systems
· Bilingual (Arabic, and English) is a must
· Effective time management, organization and multi-tasking skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills